Amazon might be planning a free video service | Enga...Engadget
- Video description
- 2 weeks ago
- 2,880 views
- 84 likes
- 6 comments
Amazon Prime Video is a decent bargain when you're getting unlimited streaming video and a host of other perks, but it has some fresh competition: Roku, Vudu and others are starting to offer some content for free. How do you compete with that? By offering your own free service, naturally. Ad Age sources claim that Amazon is developing a free, ad-supported streaming service as a "complement" to Prime Video, reviving an idea that had surfaced back in 2014. It would reportedly give creators a lot of power and viewer data in exchange for content guarantees, although the material wouldn't compete with what Prime offers.
Subscribe to Engadget on YouTube: http://engt.co/subscribe
Get More Engadget:
• Like us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/engadget
• Follow us on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/engadget
• Follow us on Instagram: http://www.instagram.com/engadget
• Add us on Snapchat: https://www.snapchat.com/add/engadgetHQ
• Read more: http://www.engadget.com
Engadget is the definitive guide to this connected life.
- Related videos