Civilization 2 - P4 ► Abandonware Adventures!GamerZakh
- Video description
- 10 months ago
- 1,473 views
- 27 likes
- 24 comments
Civilization 1's Abandonware Adventure : https://youtu.be/youJQPWzsug
GamerZakh's Patreon : https://www.patreon.com/GamerZakh
Wikipedia: "Abandonware is a product, typically software, ignored by its owner and manufacturer, and for which no product support is available. Although such software is usually still under copyright, the owner may not be tracking or enforcing copyright violations."
Although some games may be 'officially' or technically labelled freeware, I will count it as a possible choice in this series as long as it fits the definition above.
How to run Civilization II on modern operating systems:
1. You'll need a disk or ISO to be mounted on your computer
2. Install the game, if you're getting a new copy try get the Multiplayer Gold Edition (MGE)
3. Patch the game with the patch here otherwise it'll crash whenever there's a text box : http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=463437
(There's more info there too about getting it to work)
4. Set the game file to run in compatibility mode for Windows XP and to run as administrator
5. No music? If you want music to play, the game disk MUST be located in D:/ drive, whether it's a physical disk or ISO. There is no workaround for this! D:/ drive only! That's just how it works.
6. Have fun! The window can be resized however you like so you don't need anything special to run it in widescreen.
■ Check out more stuff! http://www.youtube.com/GamerZakh
■ Subscribe! http://goo.gl/dP7iI
» Website: http://www.gamerzakh.com/
» Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/GamerZakh
» Google+: http://www.google.com/+GamerZakh
» Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/GamerZakh
Thanks for watching!
- Related videos