- Video description
- 5 months ago
- 6,657 views
- 916 likes
- 124 comments
SAUSAGE GRAVY–STUFFED BISCUITS
8 ounces ground sausage
3 tablespoons flour
1½ cups milk
¼ teaspoon thyme
¼ teaspoon sage
Cayenne pepper, pinch
½ teaspoon black pepper
¼ teaspoon salt
Egg (for egg wash)
1. Preheat oven to 350˚F/180˚C.
2. In a cast-iron skillet, break up the ground sausage into small chunks and brown over medium-high heat until sausage is cooked through and no longer pink.
3. Reduce heat to medium-low. Sprinkle the flour over the sausage and stir until the flour has absorbed all of the sausage fat and is lightly coating the sausage pieces.
4. Add the milk in several increments while whisking.
5. Add thyme, sage, cayenne pepper, black pepper, and salt.
6. Cook the gravy for 5-10 minutes, frequently stirring until the gravy thickens. Let cool.
7. Fill a well-greased ice cube tray with the gravy. (If you do not have an ice cube tray, pour the gravy onto a greased parchment-lined ½ cookie sheet.)
8. Freeze for 20 minutes.
9. With your thumb, make a divot in the center of each biscuit.
10. Place a cube of gravy into each divot.
11. Fold the sides of the biscuit dough around the gravy cube pinching the dough together at the top.
12. Turn the dough balls upside down. With the palm of your hand, roll the biscuit ball around in a clockwise motion on your table surface to smooth out the dough balls.
13. Place the biscuits on a parchment lined ½ cookie sheet making sure the dough seams are on the bottom.
14. Brush with egg wash.
15. Bake for 20-30 minutes.
Check us out on Facebook! - facebook.com/buzzfeedtasty
Licensed via Audio Network
Created by https://www.buzzfeed.com/bfmp/videos/13030
- Related videos