Moong Dal Khichadi | Easy To Make Indian Main Course...Rajshri Food
- Video description
- 3 years ago
- 29,820 views
- 299 likes
- 30 comments
Moong Dal Khichadi is a very popular comfort food. This basic and healthy dish has a number of variations and is equally soothing to your taste buds. Check out chef Ruchi Bharani's take on this popular khichadi.
1/2 cup yellow moong dal
1/2 cup rice
100g yellow pumpkin
1/2 cup green peas
1 tsp mustard seeds
1 1/2 tbsp oil
2 cinnamon pieces
1 red chilli
1/4 tsp asafoetida
1 1/2 tbsp sambhar masala
1/2 tsp coriander and cumin seed powder
1/2 tsp red chilli powder
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
salt to taste
2 1/2 cups of water
- In a cooker, add the oil.
- Add the dry red chilly, bay leaf, few cinnamon sticks, few cloves, mustard seeds and asafoetida. Then add the chopped vegetables - carrots, brinjal, cabbage, potatoes, green peas and pumpkin and stir well. Then add the rice and dal to it.
- Add the dry spices - sambhar masala, coriander and cumin seed powder, red chilli powder, turmeric powder and salt to taste and give it a stir.
- Add sufficient quantity of water so that all the vegetables get dipped into it.
- Once the water comes to a boil, put on te lid of the pressure cooker. Do not put the vent wall. Instead of that, cover that part with a small steel bowl.
- Cook the khichadi for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes, turn off the flame and do not open the lid of the cooker for another 10 minutes.
- The delicious Moong Dal Khichadi is ready to be served.
Director: Suchandra Basu
Camera: Kawaldeep Singh Jangwal, Manjeet Katariya, Akshay Durgule
Editing: Dinesh Shetty
Creative Head: Kavya Krishnaswamy
Producer: Rajjat A. Barjatya
Copyrights: Rajshri Entertainment Private Limited
Subscribe & Stay Tuned - http://www.youtube.com/user/rajshrifood?sub_confirmation=1
For more videos log onto http://www.youtube.com/rajshrifood
Find us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/rajshrifood
Follow us on google plus https://plus.google.com/+rajshrifood
- Related videos