Secret Monkey Bread with Pecans ...Gemma Stafford
- Video description
- 4 years ago
- 243,506 views
- 4,555 likes
- 430 comments
A NEW Bold Baking adventure every Thursday!
Hi Bold Bakers! This week, we're making homemade Monkey Bread from scratch featuring sweet, cinnamon-dusted dough, toasted pecans, a rich caramel sauce, and a secret ingredient that makes my Monkey Bread BIG & BOLD. Enjoy!
FOLLOW ME HERE, FELLOW BOLD BAKERS
FULL RECIPE BELOW
Secret Monkey bread with Pecans and Caramel
2 tablespoons butter, divided
1 cup milk
1/3 cup water
1/4 cup granulated sugar
2 1/4 tsp (6g/1/4 oz) active dried yeast
3 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons salt
Cream Cheese (for stuffing)
1 Cup Toasted Pecan, chopped
2 sticks butter
2 cups packed dark brown sugar
1/2 cup heavy cream
pinch of salt
½ Cup of Sugar
2 Tblsp Cup ground Cinnamon
1. For the dough :Mix the flour, yeast, sugar and salt together in a standing mixer fitted with dough hook.
2. In a measuring jug, heat together the milk, water, butter and heat until luke warm, and the butter is melted
3. Turn the machine on low and slowly add the milk mixture. Mix for 2 minutes to wake up the yeast.
4. Increase the speed to medium and mix until the dough is shiny and smooth, 6-8 minutes. The dough is supposed to be saggy and on the wet side
5. Rub a large bowl with vegetable oil (or any flavorless oil) . Place the dough in the bowl and turn to coat lightly.
6. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and let the dough rise until doubled, 1 ½ -2 hours
7. Make the caramel: by combining the ingredients in a pot and heating until the sugar dissolves and the butter melts. set aside to cool
8. To form the bread, gently remove the dough from the bowl and knead lightly on a floured surface knocking out the air.
9. Using a bench scraper or knife, cut the dough into big and small pieces, a nice mix.
10. For the secret ingredient: Smear some cream cheese in the middle of some dough pieces (do as many as you want)
11. Wrap the dough around the cream cheese sealing it in a ball. Pinch to secure closed.
12. In a large bowl mix together the sugar and cinnamon and toss in your dough pieces covering each piece generously
13. In a Bundt pan, Drizzle in a layer of the caramel sauce and ⅓ of the pecans
14. Layer in ½ of the dough pieces
15. Repeat the second layer by scatter on another ⅓ of the pecans and go another round with the caramel sauce
16. Top off with the remaining dough pieces, pecans and the last of the caramel sauce
17. Cover the Bundt pan tightly with plastic wrap and let the monkey bread rise for 25-30 minutes or until puffy and they have risen 1-2 inches from the top of the pan
18. To make the day before refrigerate the bread once assembled, bake the next day
19. Heat the oven to 350 degrees F
20. Unwrap the pan and bake for 35-40 minutes or until the top is beautifully brown and caramel begins to bubble around edges
21. Cool the monkey bread in the pan for 5 minutes (any longer and the bread will be too sticky and hard to remove!), then turn out on a platter or large plate and allow to cool slightly, about 10 minutes. Enjoy straight away!
- Related videos