Spicy stir-fried fish cake side dish ("uhmook bokkeu...Maangchi
- Video description
- 8 years ago
- 96,664 views
- 376 likes
- 109 comments
Full recipe here: http://www.maangchi.com/recipes/uhmook-bokkeum
2 cups of fish cakes, half an onion, 2 cloves of garlic, 1 green onion, 1 green chili pepper, 2 tbshot pepper paste, 1 -2 tbs corn syrup (or 1 tbs sugar), 1 tbs of vegetable oil, sesame oil, andsesame seeds.
1. Cut fish cakes into 2 cups worth of bite sized pieces.
2. Slice half an onion (¼ cup), mince 2 cloves of garlic, chop up 1 green onion and a green chili pepper. Set them aside on your cutting board or a plate.
3. Add 1 tbs of vegetable oil to a heated pan.
4. Add fish cakes to the pan and stir them for a few minutes until they look golden brown.
5. Add the sliced onion, minced garlic, and chopped green chili pepper to the pan. Stir them with the fish cakes for a minute.
6. Add 2 tbs hot pepper paste and 1 -2 tbs of corn syrup ("mulyeot" in Korean).*tip: hot pepper paste is easily burned, so lift the pan up and down to control the heat after you add the hot pepper paste.
7. Turn off the heat and add 1 ts of sesame oil, 2 ts of roasted sesame seeds and 1 chopped green onion.
- Related videos