VEGAN CHERRY VANILLA ALMOND CAKES | hot for foodhot for food
- Video description
- 3 years ago
- 12,867 views
- 458 likes
- 18 comments
** get more recipes **
hot for food shows you how to make vegan cherry vanilla almond cakes!
** makes 12 cakes **
1 C soy milk
1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
1 C all-purpose flour
1/4 C almond meal
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp sea salt
3/4 C organic sugar
1/3 C coconut oil (melted)
1/2 tsp vanilla powder (or inside of 1/2 a vanilla bean)
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
2 C cherries (pitted & halved)
1/4 C organic sugar (1 tsp per muffin cup)
1/4 C toasted almond slices
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 F.
2. Prepare a muffin pan by greasing each muffin cup with coconut oil.
3. Place cherry pieces at the bottom of each muffin cup and sprinkle each with 1 tsp of sugar.
4. Combine apple cider vinegar and soy milk together and set aside for 10 minutes to curdle.
5. In another bowl combine flour, almond meal, baking powder, baking soda, and sea salt.
6. Whisk sugar, coconut oil, vanilla powder, and vanilla extract into the curdled soy milk mixture.
7. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix until just combined (don't over mix).
8. Pour cake batter into the muffin cups and bake for 20 minutes.
9. Meanwhile, toast almond slices in a pan on low heat with some sugar (optional) until brown.
10. Allow the cakes to cool for at least 10 minutes before turning them out onto a cooling rack upside down. Tap the bottom of the muffin pan with a wooden spoon to loosen. The cakes may not all come out at once. Use a knife to scrap the edge of the cupcake from the muffin pan and gently turn out any cakes that got a little stuck.
11. Sprinkle each cake with almond slices.
website - http://www.hotforfoodblog.com
twitter - http://www.twitter.com/hotforfood
instagram - http://www.instagram.com/hotfofood
facebook - http://www.facebook.com/hotforfoodblog
pinterest - http://www.pinterest.com/hotforfoodblog
- Related videos