What to Eat to Prevent the Flu or Avoid a Cold - Boo...Jenny Can Cook
- Video description
- 5 years ago
- 11,255 views
- 152 likes
- 12 comments
Here's the list foods to help prevent the flu or a cold:
1. Red Peppers - Vitamin C helps prevent the body from getting viruses and a red bell pepper has twice as much vitamin C as an orange.
2. Garlic - Eating garlic stimulates the body to multiply white blood cells making it easier to prevent the flu.
3. Salmon - The omega-3 fatty acids in salmon enhance the immune system function.
4. Pickles, sauerkraut, & yogurt - They all contain probiotics, which add healthy bacteria to the intestinal track. A healthy gastrointestinal track can bolster your defense and help resist flu viruses. Make sure the yogurt has active cultures.
5. Sweet Potatoes - They are loaded with a healthy dose of beta-carotene, which creates vitamin A in the body. This crucial nutrient boosts immune function by lowering the amount of free radicals, helping to eliminate the cause of sickness.
6. Green Tea - Polyphenols, potent plant antioxidants, are what's believed to give green tea its immune-boosting effects. One type of polyphenol called catechin may kill influenza viruses. But don't add milk, because the proteins will bind to the polyphenols, making them ineffective.
SHARE: Here is a link to share Jenny's What to Eat to Prevent the Flu or Avoid a Cold video: http://youtu.be/HCcNdQmQTWk
SUBSCRIBE: Jenny loves to create fun, easy cooking videos. Use this link to subscribe:
MORE: Here are some of Jenny's other videos you might enjoy:
Loose Green Tea - http://youtu.be/WAebfaEDmMc
Potato Gnocchi - http://youtu.be/EzLxMcJBc20
Deviled Eggs - http://youtu.be/d5fbSXjtiOQ
Easy Brownies - http://youtu.be/SQ3y-IsP1uc
Best Pepperoni Pizza Ever! -- http://youtu.be/P-Ojv_1veCg
For more on Jenny visit: http://www.JennyJones.com
© Copyright 2013 - Jenny Can Cook - Jenny Jones
- Related videos