CHANA DAL SAGO SEMIYA PAYASAMMrs.Vahchef
- Video description
- 4 years ago
- 15,360 views
- 93 likes
- 4 comments
Chana dal sago semiya payasam is the most common type of dessert served in homes across south India. It is a liquid dessert and it is a people pleaser. Usually the base is a thickened milk and jaggery syrup.
Ghee 1 tsp
Cashew nut 8 nos
Almonds 8 nos
Raisins 8 nos
Vermicelli- Semiya 1 cup
Chana dal(soaked) 1 cup
Water 1 cup
Sago(soaked) ¾ cup
Jaggery 1 cup
Cardamom powder 1 pinch
Coconut 1 piece
Milk 1 ½ cup
1. Heat ghee in a pan, add cashew nut, almonds, raisins and saute it.
2. Add semiya and roast it nicely, transfer into a plate.
3. In the same pan, add soaked chana dal, water and cook it until it is 60 percent done.
4. Add soaked sago, roasted semiya and dry fruit mixture and cook it.
5. Add jaggery, cardamom powder and mix nicely.
6. Add freshly grated coconut mix it and switch off flame and allow it rest for 5- 10 mins.
7. Add previously boiled milk and mix nicely. Transfer into a serving bowl.
8. Now chana dal sago semiya payasam is ready to serve.
- Related videos