E-DAB 08: Excel Data Analysis & BI Basics: Power Piv...ExcelIsFun
- Video description
- 9 months ago
- 6,081 views
- 364 likes
- 106 comments
To download individual files, visit class web site here: https://people.highline.edu/mgirvin/AllClasses/348/MSPTDA/Content/EDAB/EDAB.htm
This video is an introduction to Data Modeling in Excel Power Pivot to create reports and Dashboards. Learn how to use Power Query to import SQL Big Data into the Data Model. Learn how to build DAX Formulas. Lean how to create an entire Data Model and then build Data Model PivotTables and Data Model Charts.
This class : Data Analysis & Business Intelligence Made Easy with Excel Power Tools - Excel Data Analysis Basics = E-DAB Class – Sponsored by YouTube and taught by Mike Girvin, Highline College Instructor, Microsoft Excel MVP and founder of the excelisfun channel at YouTube. This is a free educational resource for people how want to learn about the Basics of Data Analysis and Business Intelligence using Microsoft Power Tools such as, PivotTables, Power Query, Power Pivot, Power BI Desktop and more.
1. (00:15) Introduction & Over view of entire Big Data & DAX Project.
2. (02:20) Download Files.
3. (02:57) What is a Data Model PivotTable and why Power Pivot is called “Power Pivot”
4. (04:03) Differences Between Standard PivotTable & Data Model PivotTable
5. (06:20) Average Daily Reve Example and why DAX is Easier than Standard PivotTable.
6. (07:33) Choice between: Standard PivotTable & Data Model PivotTable
7. (08:18) What is a SQL Database?
8. (09:06) Import Big Data from SQL Database using Power Query
9. (11:10) Load SQL Tables into Columnar Database in Power Pivot’s Data Model
10. (11:38) How to get into the Data Model. Into to Data Model.
11. (13:00) Create Relationships in Design View
12. (14:17) What is a Date Table? Create Date Table.
13. (18:40) Hide Column From Client Tool
14. (19:30) Overview of DAX Formulas
15. (20:58) DAX Calculated Column for Line Revenue
16. (23:42) Row Context
17. (25:55) DAX Measure to add Calculated Column using SUM
18. (27:07) SUMX DAX Measure to calculate Total Revenue without a Calculated Column.
19. (29:37) Compare and contrast Calculated Column and Measures.
20. (31:18) Create Data Model PivotTable
21. (33:22) Filter Context
22. (35:03) Create More DAX Formulas: Total COGS, Gross Profit and Percent Gross Profit.
23. (37:54) Create Dashboard for Gross Profit.
24. (40:20) Create Running Total and Average Daily Revenue DAX Measures and Final Data Model PivotTable.
25. (43:40) Summary
- Related videos