Health@Google Series: Hair Loss and Hair RestorationGoogleTechTalks
- Video description
- 9 years ago
- 18,930 views
- 23 likes
- 4 comments
Hair Loss and Hair Restoration
March 16, 2011
Presented by Dr. William Rassman.
Dr. Rassman will present on:
1. Causes of hair loss in men and women (genetics, diseases, hair plucking)
-What is hair and is it alive?
-What you can do about holding on to our hair
-Do you have control of your hair loss? Is it genetic?
2. Genetic pattern thinning
3. Hair systems (wigs, extensions, wefts)
4. The use of concealers to create more fullness
* medication (value, side effects)
* hair transplantation
* ethics in the field
* a surgical procedure
* breakthroughs (follicular unit transplantation, FUE)
* Hair multiplication and cloning (status today)
* Patients will be present to discuss their experience with a hair transplant and will have their before pictures to share
* Pigmentation to scalp (life style decision)
* One or two patients will be present to discuss their decision to get a 'clean shaven style' and to shave their head.
Dr. Rassman will bring:
* Two or three patients with him for interactive opportunities to show hair transplant results and to demonstrate a clean shaven style with micropigmentation application
* examples of products for hair loss concealment
* examples of inventions in medical devices for hair transplantation
* example of a wig/hair system donated by a patient who elected pigmentation for himself
Dr. William Rassman is a surgeon, entrepreneur, innovator, and inventor. His innovations include a medical device known as the Intra-Aortic balloon pump, which is used to treat heart failure and is in virtually every coronary care unit in the world today. He holds many US and worldwide patents, including a robotic system for use in hair transplant surgery, computer software (unique GUI interface in 1980s) and multiple medical devices. His business ventures have included a 600 acre dairy farm in Vermont, various surgical practices, commercial wind farms in Hawaii and California, computer systems for creating a hospital medical record, and a medical biotechnology company (Maven) coming to market with a nanotechnology-based medical diagnostic instrument that can diagnose hundreds of diseases simultaneously using less than one drop of biological fluid. This system is less expensive, simpler, faster, and of equivalent accuracy to most of today's tests.
Dr. Rassman founded the New Hair Institute in 1992. Since that time, the New Hair Institute (NHI) has been a world leader in innovative hair restoration techniques, including Follicular Unit Transplantation (today's hair transplant standard of care), Follicular Unit Extraction (a virtually scar-less technique invented by Dr. Rassman), and most recently introduced scalp micro-pigmentation for men who are willing to clip their hair very short.
His mission has been to educate doctors and patients about the options for hair loss through publications in medical journals, presentations before medical meetings, various lay seminars, the popular daily hair loss Q&A site BaldingBlog.com, and through his recent book 'Hair Loss and Replacement for Dummies'.
- Related videos