Homemade Apple Cider | Thirsty For...Tastemade
- Video description
- 8 years ago
- 2,404,427 views
- 9,565 likes
- 600 comments
SUNDAY - Thirsty For... - http://goo.gl/s7Pe1
MONDAY - The Perennial Plate - http://goo.gl/0e2VG
TUESDAY - Day Tripper - Coming Soon!
WEDNESDAY - SortedFood @ The Table - http://goo.gl/CEDHK
THURSDAY - Raw. Vegan. Not. Gross - http://goo.gl/9uCyj
SATURDAY - Coastal with Byron Talbott - http://goo.gl/IHFJUL
Hey baby, it's cold outside. Warm yourself up with this delicious homemade apple cider recipe, courtesy of the Tastemade original series, "THIRSTY FOR..." FULL RECIPE BELOW.
New drink recipes air weekly, so make sure you subscribe to Tastemade for this and lots of other great new programming.
Video: High Beam - http://www.hitthehighbeam.com
Music: Mills Brothers, with Louis Armstrong - "In The Shade of the Old Apple Tree" courtesy of JSP Records
APPLE CIDER RECIPE
- 6 Granny Smith Apples
- 6 Red Delicious Apples
- 1 Valencia Orange
- 1 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1 Whole Nutmeg, finely chopped
- 4 Whole Cinnamon Sticks, halved.
- 1 Tbs Cloves
- Wash apples and oranges and cut into quarters.
- Add to a large stockpot along with the brown sugar.
- Lay your nutmeg, cinnamon and cloves into a cheesecloth, and tie into a satchel.
- Fill your stockpot with enough water to cover the fruit, and add your spice satchel.
- Bring water to a boil, let your mixture boil for at least one hour to let the fruit soften.
- Mash your softened fruit, reduce heat, and simmer for 2 additional hours.
- Allow the pot to cool completely, and remove your spice satchel.
- Line a large bowl with a doubled cheesecloth, and add the contents of the stockpot.
- Twist and squeeze the cheesecloth to get as much juice as you can.
- Drink cool or reheat, just make sure you rummage through some leaves afterwards :)
- Related videos