Homemade Crème BrûléeTasty
- Video description
- 4 years ago
- 2,074,775 views
- 21,439 likes
- 406 comments
- 4 cups heavy cream
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 6 egg yolks
- 1 cup sugar, 1/2 cup in mixture and 1/2 cup for crust.
1. Heat heavy cream and vanilla extract in a sauce pan until hot, but not boiling.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk egg yolks and 1/2 cup of sugar until well mixed. Pour in the hot cream gradually, mixing continually.
3. Place 6 (7 to 8-ounce) ramekins into a large roasting pan. Pour hot water into the pan to come roughly halfway up the sides of the ramekins.
4. Pour the egg mixture into the ramekins and bake at 325˚F / 165˚C for 45 - 50 minutes. The crème brûlée should be set, but still a little jiggly in the middle. Remove the ramekins from the roasting pan, allow to cool to room temperature, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours and up to 3 days.
5. Remove the crème brûlée from the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes before browning the sugar on top. Spread a tablespoon of sugar on top of each crème brûlée. Using a torch, melt the sugar to for a crispy top. If you don’t have a torch, you can broil the crème brûlée to melt the sugar. Keep an eye on it, to make sure you don’t over cook it. Allow the crème brûlée to sit for at least 5 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
- Related videos