How to Make Basic Inarizushi (Inari Sushi) | OCHIKER...ochikeron
- Video description
- 1 year ago
- 7,786 views
- 528 likes
- 53 comments
Inarizushi (Inari Sushi) is Sushi rice stuffed in tasty Aburaage (Fried Tofu pouches).
In Japan, Inarizushi can be widely found at restaurants, supermarkets, conbini (convenience stores), and etc... Sometimes store-bought ones are too sweet but this one is very mild. Homemade is the best ?
You can also make Inarizushi with flavored rice:
Dashi Broth (Kayanoya Dashi) I used:
How to Make Basic Inarizushi
Time: 1hr + cooling time
Number of servings: 20 pieces
660g (1.5lb.) cooked Japanese rice (short-grain rice)
* 3 tbsp. rice vinegar
* 3 tbsp. sugar
* 1 tsp. salt
10 square Aburaage (deep-fried tofu pouches)
* 4 tbsp. soy sauce
* 4 tbsp. Mirin (sweet Sake)
* 4 tbsp. sugar
* 400ml Dashi broth
4 tbsp. roasted white sesame seeds
1. Place the Aburaage on a cutting board and trace the Aburaage with a chopstick to make it easy to open. Cut into half and open. If you are using square Aburaage (deep-fried tofu pouches) cut diagonally into half to get 2 right-angled triangles. If you are using rectangular Aburaage, cut into half to get 2 squares.
2. Put Aburaage in boiling water for a minute to remove the excess oil. Drain in a strainer and wash with warm water. Stack up 3-4 pieces at a time, then press with your hands to drain well.
3. Put B and Aburaage in a pot, then bring to a boil. Turn the heat down to low and cover with an Otoshibuta or a wooden drop-lid (you can substitute it with with a sheet of aluminum foil and use any small lid or a plate as a weight if needed) and simmer for 20 minutes. Stop the heat and let them cool completely for a few hours or overnight is OK.
4. Make Sushi vinegar by mixing A (or use store-bought Sushi vinegar). Add the Sushi vinegar while the rice is hot and slice through the rice using a rice paddle to separate the grains. Mix sesame seeds in the Sushi rice. Divide the rice into 20 equal portions. Wet your hands and make small balls of Sushi rice.
5, Take a piece of Aburaage and lightly press with your hand to remove the excess liquid. Stuff a ball of Sushi rice and close the pouch. *Please see the video for details.
YouTube Audio Library
Follow me on social media. If you have recreated any of my food, you can share some pictures #ochikeron. I am always happy to see them.
♥FOLLOW ME HERE♥
♥My COOKBOOK available on Amazon Kindle♥
NO MORE hard copies... those who got one are lucky!
♥More Written Recipes are on my BLOG♥
♥My Recipe Posts in Japanese♥
♥and of course PLEASE SUBSCRIBE♥
- Related videos