How to Make Chicken Fried RiceMia kitchen
- Video description
- 6 years ago
- 685,512 views
- 2,169 likes
- 237 comments
1. Basmati Rice - 2 cups
2. Boneless Chicken strips -200 gms
3. Pepper Powder-as needed
4. Corn Flour-3 tbs
5. Light Soy Sauce (for marination) - 1 1/2 tbs
7. Frozen Green Peas(Add any vegetables as needed)
9. Thick Soy Sauce-as needed
10. Lemon juice - 1tbs
11. Salt-as needed
1. Boil water in a pan and add rice. Cook the rice till 3/4th done. Drain the rice and move it to a tray and allow it to cool. It is recommended that you cook the rice one day in advance and refrigerate it. This would help the rice to stay firm while making the fried rice.
2. Marinate the chicken with pepper powder,soy sauce,corn flour and salt and let it rest for 10 minutes. Use minimal cornflour as we just need a light coating for chicken.
3. Heat oil in a pan.Add marinated chicken. Cover and cook for 5 minutes till chicken is half done. Now remove the lid and let the chicken fry. Once fried move the chicken into a separate bowl.
4. To the same pan add eggs. Add pepper and salt. Keep scrambling the eggs and cook till eggs are just done. It is important not to overcook the eggs. When done move to a separate bowl.
5. Heat oil in the same pan, add carrots and frozen green peas. Sauté for a few minutes and add salt as needed, be careful while adding salt as the soy sauce which we will be adding later already contains salt. Turn the heat to high, add rice followed by cooked eggs and fried chicken. Keep stirring. Add soy sauce and lemon juice. Mix well. Check seasoning add salt if needed.
Switch off the flame transfer to a serving dish, enjoy!!!
- Related videos