How to Make Nigerian Chin Chin : Nigerian Snacks Rec...Nigerian Food TV
- Video description
- 8 years ago
- 350,322 views
- 0 likes
- 93 comments
Nigerian Chin Chin ingredients:
Ingredients for Nigerian Chin Chin
•1kg of All purpose Flour(Plain Flour)
•200g of Margarine
•150 ml whole milk(100ml of evaporated milk / 75ml Condensed milk/70g of powdered milk)
• Half teaspoon of baking powder(optional)
•100g of granulated sugar
• Half a teaspoon Salt
•1 teaspoonful of ground nutmeg
•3 raw eggs(optional)
•Water(add bit by bit if you are not using whole milk)
•Vegetable Oil (for frying)
Preparation for the Nigerian Chin Chin
-If you are using eggs, beat the eggs and set aside.
- Pour the sugar into a small bowl, add the milk and mix thoroughly.
- In a bigger bowl, add the flour, baking powder, salt and nutmeg.Mix well and then add the margarine. Mix thoroughly with your hands until it looks like fine bread crumbs.
- Add the eggs and the milk-sugar mixture into the bowl and mix well until you get a smooth but stiff dough.If you are using powdered milk, you can add a little water to get this consistency.
- Now place the dough on a floured flat surface and knead for a minute, then using a rolling pin, roll the dough flat and cut into any shape of choice. Note that the dough doubles in size when placed in the hot oil.
- Heat up some oil until very hot and fry the Chin Chin dough. Stir continously until all the chin chin changes from white to golden brown.
- Transfer the fried Chin chin onto a flat pan or tray and leave to cool completely, then store in an airtight container.Enjoy!
There is no special way to enjoy the Nigerian Chin chin.You can eat it at any time of the day and at any occasions and goes well with a good drink.
OTHER NIGERIAN SNACKS RECIPES
• How to Make Plantain Chips (yellow banana chips/ sweet banana chips)
• Nigerian Snacks : How to Make Nigerian Chin Chin
• Nigerian Snack : How to Make Nigerian Chicken Pie
• Nigerian Snack : Nigerian Sausages Rolls
• Nigerian Egg Rolls :Nigerian Snack
• How To Make Nigerian Scotch Eggs
• How to Make Sugar Coated Peanuts/Groundnuts(cacahuates garapiñados)
• How to Preserve or Store uncooked Spring Rolls
• How to Make Homemade Spring Roll wrappers/Spring Roll sheets( Popiah skin / Lumpia paper )
• Chicken and Vegetables Spring Rolls
• Nigerian Snack : Nigerian Fish Pie Recipe
• Nigerian Fish Rolls (very crunchy)
• Nigerian Snack : How to Make Nigerian Meat Pie
• Nigerian Food : Nigerian Buns
• Nigerian Snack : Nigerian Puff puff (poff poff)
• Nigerian Snack : Nigerian Donuts/Doughnuts (Jam filled)
Royalty free music:No Frills Comparsa by Kevin MacLeod, incompetech.com
- Related videos