How To Make Nigerian Scotch Eggs | Nigerian Snacks r...Nigerian Food TV
- Video description
- 8 years ago
- 87,475 views
- 0 likes
- 26 comments
Nigerian Scotch Egg is a borrowed recipe that has become very popular in Nigeria.This snack can be found at almost all fast food restaurants or eateries and are simply delicious.
The Nigerian Scotch egg is surprisingly, so easy to make that you'll never have to go to an eatery anytime you need one.Here's how to make it.
Nigerian Scotch Egg Recipe :
- 3 hard boiled eggs
- 200 minced sausage meat(use Satis meat if you are in Nigeria)
(I minced my sausage meat with onions, but dont do that if this is your first time)
- 1/2 teaspoon stock powder/stock cube
- A pinch of nutmeg
- A pinch of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 50 grams plain flour,
- 1 raw egg, beaten
- 50 grams breadcrumbs, finely ground
- vegetable oil, for deep frying
Nigerian Scotch Egg preparation:
**Mince or grind the sausage meat, if you haven't done that already
**Boil the eggs , peel of the shell and set aside
**Break the raw egg, whisk it and set aside
*Place the minced sausage meat into a bowl;add the stock powder, nutmeg, black pepper and salt. Mix thoroughly until all the ingredients are well incorporated .
*Now take some of the meat and flatten it on your palm.Roll the hard boiled egg on the flour and then place it on the flattened meat on your other palm. Roll the meat over the egg ,until the egg is completely covered with the sausage meat.
*Next, deep the meat covered egg into the raw egg, making sure that the meat covered egg is covered with the raw egg.
*Then transfer the meat covered egg into the bowl with the breadcrumbs and roll the egg in it, until the egg is completely covered with the bread crumbs.
Repeat the process for the remaining eggs and set aside.
*Now , heat up the vegetable oil on medium heat and and fry the scoth eggs until brown.Then transfer unto a sieve lined with paper towels
Nigerian Scotch egg is usually enjoyed with a glass of chilled drink or any local Nigerian drinks. Enjoy!
OTHER NIGERIAN SNACKS RECIPES
• How to Make Plantain Chips (yellow banana chips/ sweet banana chips)
• Nigerian Snacks : How to Make Nigerian Chin Chin
• Nigerian Snack : How to Make Nigerian Chicken Pie
• Nigerian Snack : Nigerian Sausages Rolls
• Nigerian Egg Rolls :Nigerian Snack
• How To Make Nigerian Scotch Eggs
• How to Make Sugar Coated Peanuts/Groundnuts(cacahuates garapiñados)
• How to Preserve or Store uncooked Spring Rolls
• How to Make Homemade Spring Roll wrappers/Spring Roll sheets( Popiah skin / Lumpia paper )
• Chicken and Vegetables Spring Rolls
• Nigerian Snack : Nigerian Fish Pie Recipe
• Nigerian Fish Rolls (very crunchy)
• Nigerian Snack : How to Make Nigerian Meat Pie
• Nigerian Food : Nigerian Buns
• Nigerian Snack : Nigerian Puff puff (poff poff)
• Nigerian Snack : Nigerian Donuts/Doughnuts (Jam filled)
Music: I'm gonna go instrumental By Dan-O at Danosongs.com
- Related videos