How to Make Palm Wine alternative(palmy/mmaya ngwo/N...Nigerian Food TV
- Video description
- 8 years ago
- 36,158 views
- 191 likes
- 44 comments
The Nigerian Palm wine plays a very important role in traditional celebration and it is always a must have.
Since a lot of us live outside Nigeria and can't get our hands on it, this is the best alternative. It is actually the same metabolic process, just that instead of fermenting the sweet tasting sap with yeast present in the gourd, we will be fermenting cane sugar(castor sugar) with normal baking yeast.
You will need:
200ml cool water
50ml warm water
10 spoonful castor sugar (or more)
10 grams fresh yeast(3 grams dried yeast)
A balloon(to check fermentation)
A rubber band( optional)
Palm wine making directions :
* First dissolve the yeast with warm water
* Add sugar and mix thoroughly
* Pour the mix into the bottled water, cover with the tap and shake lightly
* Remove the bottle cap and place the balloon on the bottle mouth;press the rest of the balloon inside the bottle.Seal the top with rubber band.
* Store in a dark place for 48 to 72 hours
* After 48 hours , you will get a whiter solution with bubbles in it and the rest of the balloon you inserted inside,would have risen to the top.You'll also see some residue at the bottom.
*Remove the balloon at the top, cover with bottle cap and shake well.
* And your Palm wine is ready...Serve Chilled and Enjoy!
Title: Artifact ( http://music.incompetech.com/royaltyfree2/Artifact.mp3)
Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com)
- Related videos