Idli - soft | Mallika Badrinath | Indian food recipesMallika's Cookery | Mallika Badrinath Indian Recipes | Cooking Videos
- Video description
- 7 years ago
- 1,156,273 views
- 1,995 likes
- 183 comments
Par Boiled Rice) – 4 Cups
De-husked Black Gram (Urad) – 1 Cup
Fenugreek – 1 ½ Tsp
Salt (Rock Salt) – 4 Tsps
1. Wash Rice and Fenugreek together. Pour water and allow to soak for 2 hours.
2. Wash Dhal once and soak with 3 cups of water for ½ an hour in a stone grinder.
3. Grind Dhal using the same water until frothy. (Use all the water) Keep in a vessel.
4. Grind Rice to a coarse Rawa-consistency using just enough water. Add salt at the end.
5. Wash the grinder and use that for diluting batter, if necessary.
6. Mix ground rice with Dhal paste using hand.
7. Allow to ferment until next day morning. (Approximately 18 to 20 hrs).
8. Do not add water next day. Batter should be of pouring consistency.
9. Grease the Idli plates with little ghee or oil. Fill it with the Idli batter.
10. Place the stand in a pressure cooker. Steam for seven minutes. (Count the minutes after the steam comes out steadily.)
11. Remove it carefully by using a flat ladle. Serve hot with Sambhar or Chutney.
- Related videos