Jain Vegan Curry Gravy - No onion garlic gravy video...Bhavna's Kitchen
- Video description
- 7 years ago
- 112,243 views
- 512 likes
- 66 comments
Red bell pepper 1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped
Fenugreek leaf 1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (If using the dry kasoori methi use 2 tablespoons) (Optional)
Coriander leaves 1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)
Oil 3 Tablespoon (2-3 For frying the ingredients)
Cumin seed 1 Tablespoon
Asafoetida 1 Pinch
Turmeric powder 1⁄4 Teaspoon
Cashew 1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)
Salt To Taste
Water 1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)
Oil 2 Tablespoon (For frying the flour)
Flour 1 1⁄2 Tablespoon
Water 1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (or more as needed)
Tomato puree 1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs) (Hunt's canned whole plum tomatoes were pureed)
Bay leaves 3 Small
Garam masala powder 1 Teaspoon
Red chilli powder To Taste (or green chili paste)
Sugar To Taste (To balance the sour flavor of the tomatoes) (Optional)
1. Take a skillet and heat it with 2 -3 tablespoons of oil. Once the oil is hot enough add the cumin seeds, a pinch of asafoetida, turmeric powder, and add the red bell pepper. Saute for a couple of minutes.
2. Add the cashews and stir. Add salt and mix well.
3. Add the fresh fenugreek leaves, coriander leaves and a little water. Mix and turn off the heat. Allow the mixture to cool.
4. Using a blender, blend the sauteed mixture till you get a paste.
5. In the same skillet add some more oil and roast the flour. Add a little bit of water, and stir at medium heat. Make sure there are no lumps formed.
6. Add the tomato puree, bay leaves, garam masala, and let it simmer. At this point add the blended gravy to this mixture. Stir in red chili powder as well.
7. Add sugar to balance the flavors. Cover and simmer for a while the gravy changes color slightly and the flavors set in.
8. This curry gravy can be served as a gravy for any Indian side dish preparation such as Shahi paneer, Mutter paneer, Malai kofta or any other similar dishes.
If using cream you can avoid flour. Pour cream into the gravy in the fast few minutes of cooking.
- Related videos