Kaki Furai (Deep Fried Oyster) with Tartar Sauce カキフ...ochikeron
- Video description
- 8 years ago
- 87,000 views
- 962 likes
- 105 comments
I used to hate oyster when I was small but now I can eat it ;)
My darling and I love to eat it with tartar sauce, lemon, or tonkatsu sauce. Or, all together. hehe It is pretty delicious! Yummy :P
How about you?!
In the end of the video, I will show you how save my frying oil. I use an oil pot with a strainer. Usually i use the oil 2 to 3 times within a month. or, I change the oil when I think it smells bad and no longer clear.
Kaki Furai (Deep Fried Oyster) with Tartar Sauce
Number of servings: 12 pieces
salt and cracked black pepper
* beaten egg
* Panko (bread crumbs)
vegetable oil for frying
* 1/2 cup mayonnaise
* 20g (0.7oz.) minced onion
* 2 chopped dill pickles
* 1 chopped hard-boiled egg
* 1 tbsp. lemon juice
* a bit of chopped parsley
* salt and pepper
Bull-Dog Tonkatsu sauce if preferred
shredded cabbage and tomatoes
1. Shake and wash oysters in salted water. Put on a paper towel and remove excess water.
2. Sprinkle salt and papper over oysters. Lightly coat the oysters with flour. When the flour gets moist, coat the oysters again with flour. In this way the oysters won't absorb the frying oil and the batter stays on better, so you can make crispy fried oysters.
3. Dip in beaten egg and coat with Panko. Use one hand to dip in egg and the other hand to coat Panko to keep one of your hands dry.
4. Fry them in oil at 170C (340F) until cooked golden brown. (Turn the oysters over to cook evenly.) Remove the them from the oil and drain.
5. Mix B and make tartar sauce.
5. Serve on plate with shredded cabbage and some grape tomatoes. Dip into the tartar sauce and eat. Or eat with lemon juice or tonkatsu sauce. Or all of them! Anyway you like ;D
Quick Tip: How to Store / Reuse / Dispose of Deep Frying Oil 揚げ油の管理と処理方法
Call me Dazie Mae
♥Facebook Fan Page♥ Please "Like" me ;)
♥Visit my Blog for more Recipes♥
♥My Recipe Posts♥
♥Follow me on twitter♥
- Related videos