Learn To Cook: How To Make Gingerbread CookiesLearnToCook
- Video description
- 4 years ago
- 5,754 views
- 50 likes
- 2 comments
Learn to cook the divine Christmas treat—the gingerbread cookie. You’ll surely want a couple dozen of these for that “Ugly Sweater” party you’re throwing!
Check out more from Learn To Cook at http://learntocook.com/
GINGERBREAD COOKIES RECIPE: http://learntocook.com/cookies/how-to-make-gingerbread-cookies/
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 ½ tsp baking powder
¾ tsp baking soda
¼ tsp salt
1 tbsp ground ginger
2 tbsp ground cinnamon
¼ tsp ground cloves
6 tbsp unsalted butter
¾ cup dark brown sugar
½ cup molasses
2 tsp vanilla
1. In a bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, ginger, cinnamon and cloves until blended.
2. In another bowl using a hand mixer or standing mixer, beat butter, brown sugar and egg on medium speed until blended.
3. Add the molasses and vanilla extract and continue to mix until well blended.
4. Starting on low, gradually add dry ingredients until dough is smooth. Increase speed as you go.
5. Let stand for a minimal of 2 hours. (Dough can be stored in refrigerator for up to 4 days. Bring to room temperature before baking)
6. While dough is resting, preheat oven to 375F and line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
7. Place dough on a lightly floured surface. Sprinkle more flour on dough and rolling pin and roll it out until it’s about ¼ inch thick. Use more flour, if needed, to avoid sticking.
8. Cut out cookies with desired cookie cutter shapes. Then place on the baking sheet, spacing them out about 1 inch apart.
9. Bake for about 7 minutes for softer cookies and 10 minutes for harder ones. Remove carefully and let cool on a wire rack.
10. Once cookies are cool, you can decorate them to your liking! Enjoy!
STAY CONNECTED WITH US:
Need an app to help you convert your recipes in the kitchen? https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/escoffier-cooks-companion/id572412557?mt=8
For more information about online culinary and pastry school visit: http://www.escoffieronline.com/
Talent: Lauren Nolan of Lake Shore Lady http://www.lakeshorelady.com/
Shot and edited by: Matt Rice
Royalty Free Music courtesy of Audio Network titled: "Special Day 2" by Lincoln Grounds/Richard Rayner
- Related videos