पनीर मक्ख़नी (Paneer Makhani) by Tarla Dalal...Tarla Dalal
- Video description
- 8 years ago
- 348,994 views
- 2,454 likes
- 225 comments
Recipe link : http://www.tarladalal.com/Paneer-Makhani-(-Punjabi-Subzi-)-30897r
Subscribe : http://goo.gl/omhUio
Tarla Dalal App: http://www.tarladalal.com/free-recipe-app.aspx
YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/TarlaDalalsKitchen/featured
Google Plus: https://plus.google.com/107883620848727803776
Tarla Dalal Blogspot: http://tarladalal.blogspot.in/
A favourite with most people while eating out at any punjabi restaurant! paneer makhni as the name suggests is a very rich subzi from the lap of the punjab. It uses one of punjabi cuisines most loved ingredients butter. In traditional punjabi houses, the women folk make pure white butter from thick creamy milk. The liquid that is left over after the butter has been removed is very delicious and cooling and makes a tasty drink. Soft paneer chunks are dunked into a rich tomato based gravy a must try for all paneer lovers!
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 25 minutes
Makes 2 servings
For The Red Gravy
1 cup chopped tomatoes
1/2 cup sliced onions
1/4 cup cashewnuts (kaju)
2 whole dry kashmiri red chillies
2 tbsp butter
1 tsp garlic (lehsun) paste
25 of cinnamon (dalchini)
2 cloves (laung / lavang)
1 bayleaf (tejpatta)
2 tsp dried fenugreek leaves (kasuri methi)
1 tsp garam masala
3 tbsp tomato puree
salt to taste
2 tbsp whisked curds (dahi)
1/2 tsp sugar
2 tbsp fresh cream
1 cup paneer (cottage cheese) strips , cut into 1" x 1/4"
For The Garnish
1 tbsp fresh cream
For the red gravy
1. Combine all the ingredients along with 1 1/2 cups of water in a kadhai and boil on
a high flame for 10 to 15 minutes or till the tomatoes are soft, while
2. Cool and blend in a mixer to a smooth paste. Keep aside.
How to proceed
1. Heat the butter in a kadhai, add the garlic paste and sauté on a medium flame for
a few seconds.
2. Add the cinnamon, cloves, cardamom and bayleaf and sauté on a medium flame for
a few more seconds.
3. Add the dried fenugreek leaves, garam masala, tomato purée and red gravy and
sauté on a medium flame for another 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring continuously.
4. Add the salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while
5. Add the curds, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 more minute.
6. Add the sugar, 1/4 cup of water, paneer and cream, mix well and cook on a
medium flame for another 2 minutes.
7. Serve hot garnished with fresh cream.
- Related videos