Peruvian Food - 7 MAIN DISHES You Have to Try + INSA...Mark Wiens
- Video description
- 1 year ago
- 673,138 views
- 21,718 likes
- 2,037 comments
?Timour’s channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/chefTimour
?T-shirts and caps: https://migrationology.com/store/
Thank you to María Zuñiga. Reservations: firstname.lastname@example.org or https://www.facebook.com/mary.zunigabarbieri
?Banana Chips are available now - Worldwide Shipping!!
TRADITIONAL PERUVIAN FOOD - María Zuñiga is a purveyor of traditional, time tested, and slow cooked Peruvian food. It was an honor to have a chance to go to her home-style restaurant, where she serves private Peruvian food experiences. #PeruvianFood #Lima #lomosaltado
Chef Timour was telling me, typically when you have a Peruvian family meal, you have one or two of these main dishes - we had a whopping 7 main dishes in a row - huge Peruvian family style food. The food was incredibly good and I have huge respect for María Zuñiga, her knowledge of Peru and its many ingredients, recipes, and culinary influences. We arrived for lunch, but Maria began cooking at 2 am!
1. Peruvian tamales - María Zuñiga is very well known for her tamales, and she comes from a family that specializes in Peruvian tamales. There were not just any tamales, they were made from different colorful ingredients, and colorful.
2. Arroz con pollo - Chicken with rice, this is a Peruvian food family favorite.
3. Ají de gallina - Another classic traditional Peruvian food, and a dish nearly everyone loves is Ají de gallina, a chicken stew.
4. Lomo saltado - Lomo saltado is a main dish that has direct Chinese influence, and yet it’s so mingled into Peruvian everyday culture. This stir fried beef was insanely juicy and tender.
5. Seco de Res - This is one of my favorite Peruvian food dishes, beef on the bone, stewed with cilantro until fall apart tender. It was incredible.
6. Rocoto relleno - This is a Peruvian dish originally from Arequipa, wonderful rocoto chili peppers, stuffed with meat and spices.
7. Juane - From the Amazon jungles of Peru, juane is a packet of rice and meat cooked in leaves, this time banana leaf. It was delicious especially with the cocona fruit garnish.
Tocosh - Can’t get enough of this amazing fermented potato
Arroz con leche - Rice pudding
Mazamorra morada - Purple corn pudding
It was an outstanding Peruvian food meal and a learning experience for me. These were some of the best home-cooked dishes I’ve had and a meal in Peru that I’ll never forget. Thank you to María Zuñiga!
Thank you to María Zuñiga. Reservations: email@example.com
Friends in the video:
Timour’s videos: https://www.youtube.com/user/chefTimour
“No Puedo Mas”
?Banana Chips are available now!!
?Get t-shirts and caps:
?Camera gear I use:
- Related videos