Pinterest Busters: Kool-Aid Lip BalmJen Luvs Reviews
- Video description
- 9 years ago
- 25,167 views
- 286 likes
- 137 comments
The blog post that this pin links to can be found here: http://www.justusgirlsblog.com/2012/02/diy-kool-aid-vaseline-lip-balm.html
DIY: Kool-aid & Vaseline Lip Balm
Source: Adapted from Meet The Dubiens
1 Cup of Vaseline (petroleum jelly)
1 pkg of kool-aid drink crystals
1-2 packets of sweetner (Optional)
Lip gloss containers
1. Add 1 cup of vaseline in a microwave safe bowl
2. Heat the vaseline in the microwave in 30 second increments, stirring between each heating. It took me about 3-4 minutes to melt my vaseline. Note that It will be liquid when it is fully melted and very hot! Make sure you wear gloves or oven mitts and make sure children are being supervised.
3. Once melted take out of microwave and stir in kool-aid drink crystals until desired colour is reached. ( I used the whole package and because kool-aid by itself is sour, I also poured in a packet of sweetner so that the lip balm wouldn't be so bitter, this is optional.) Stir until the crystals are completely dissolved.
4. If you see that your vaseline is starting to solidify you can heat again for another 30 seconds - skip this step if it is still liquidy
5. Pour into your lip gloss containers and leave to solidify - a couple hours
6. Repeat this whole process if making more flavours
7. Give to all your favourite people, but remember to save a few for yourself too!
NOTE: After melting my vaseline and before adding the kool-aid I waited a couple of minutes to let the vaseline cool down so that it wouldn't cook the crystals. Also, this recipe calls for A LOT of stirring until the crystals are fully melted otherwise your lip balm will be gritty.
An article about why some may feel that Vaseline is bad for the lips and skin: http://www.blisstree.com/2012/01/12/beauty-shopping/vaseline-bad-for-you-petroleum-jelly-alternatives-879/
Other Pinterest Busters Videos!
Pinterest Busters: Does PAM Cooking Spray Dry Nail Polish Faster?: http://youtu.be/i7vXfd36uzw
Pinterest Busters: Creating Custom Nail Colors with Eye Shadow??: http://youtu.be/rSZu9L58Lv8
Pinterest Busters: Baby Powder Eyelash Trick - Does It Lengthen Lashes?: http://youtu.be/LwH1hoQXy5Q
"Happy Boy Theme" by Happy Boy End Theme by Kevin MacLeod http://www.incompetech.com
"Coffee" by Josh Woodward - http://www.joshwoodward.com/
For collaborations and business inquiries, please contact via Channel Pages: http://ChannelPages.com/jenluvsreviews
- Related videos