Steak Au Poivre with Cognac Cream SauceT-ROY COOKS
- Video description
- 1 week ago
- 3,486 views
- 342 likes
- 92 comments
This dish was inspired by Cooking with Kory:
Kory's version of Steak Au Poivre:
Steak Au Poivre Recipe
Filet Mignon 8oz (or steak of your choice)
3 Tbsp Unsalted Butter (divided)
1 Tbsp Vegetable Oil
8 oz Beef stock
1/4 cup Brandy (optional)
1/2 cup Heavy Cream
1 sprig of fresh Rosemary
1/3 Cup Fresh cracked course Black Pepper
1 Tbsp Kosher Salt
1) Rub steak with salt and coat heavily with black pepper.
2) Heat iron skillet on high and add 2 Tbsp butter and the vegetable oil.
3) Once skillet is smoking hot, add steak and sear for 4 mins per side for med-rare doneness. Cook longer per side for medium or well done steak.
4) Set steak aside. Let skillet cool for a few minutes, then add beef stock and deglaze skillet.
5) Over a medium heat, add Brandy and allow alcohol to burn off a couple of minutes, then add heavy cream. Stir mixture well, then add rosemary sprig.
6) Lower heat to med-low and allow cream sauce to reduce by half or until thick enough to coat back of a spoon. This should take about 5 minutes.
7) Allow cream sauce to cool for a few minutes off the heat, then serve sauce with your steak. Enjoy!!!
Note: Cream sauce will boil over if heat is too high. Also, if using thinner steaks, sear steak for 1-2 minutes per side for med-rare to medium doneness.
T-ROY COOKS Merchandise
Click here if you are interested in supporting T-ROY COOKS
Thank you very much for the support!!!
Amazon Store for T-ROY COOKS
Follow T-ROY COOKS on Social Media:
T-ROY COOKS Theme song is owned & Copyrighted by Troy Smith. Use is forbidden without prior consent from Troy Smith.
Written by: Troy Smith and Nick Tornatore
Performed by: Nick Tornatore
DISCLAIMER: This video description contains some affiliate links, which means that if you click on one of the product links and buy, I will receive a small commission. This helps support T-ROY COOKS and allows me to continue to make videos like this. Thank you for the support!
- Related videos