Tempura Moriawase (Assorted Tempura with Seafood and...ochikeron
- Video description
- 4 years ago
- 4,539 views
- 228 likes
- 87 comments
I used Pink Deep Fryer by Fujihoro
Quick Tip: How to Store / Reuse / Dispose of Deep Frying Oil:
Vegan/Vegetarian people can skip the seafood. Use Kombu Dashi broth for the dipping sauce?
Tempura Moriawase (Assorted Seafood and Vegetable Tempura)
Number of servings: 4 or more
vegetables of your choice (Okra, Maitake mushrooms, Kabocha (Japanese squash), sweet corn kernels, grape tomatoes etc...)
seafood of your choice (prawns, fish, squid, etc...)
* 1 cup ice-cold water
* 1 cup (120g) all purpose flour
--Tentsuyu (tempura dipping sauce)
* 200ml dashi broth (using packaged dashi powder saves time)
* 4 tbsp. mirin (sweet sake)
* 4 tbsp. soy sauce
grated daikon radish
salt and sudachi (or lemon) if desired
1. Prepare vegetables and seafood before frying. I will explain how to for shrimps: Shell the prawns (leave the tails on), devein, and make incisions (about 1/3 depth) in the stomach side to straighten them. Cut off the tip of the tail and remove the water inside to avoid splattering when deep frying.
2. Tentsuyu: In a pan, bring dashi broth, mirin, and soy sauce to a boil.**
3. Tempura Batter: Mix ice-cold water and all purpose flour. Make sure to use ice-cold water not to activate the gluten. The batter should be lumpy, do not over-mix.
4. Heat vegetable oil in a deep pan to 180~190C (340~350F).
5. Lightly dip the ingredients in the batter and deep fry immediately until golden and crisp. Drain the tempura on a rack or a piece of paper towel. (Do not deep fry too many at once.)
6. Serve while hot with Tentsuyu and grated Daikon radish. Or salt and Sudachi (or lemon) is good, too!
Tempura is best served hot!
**For tentsuyu, you can use Yamasa's Konbu Tsuyu (3 times concentrated Konbu kelp seaweed soup stock). You just need to dilute it with hot water as directed on the package. This product is very convenient and it is available overseas!
YouTube Audio Library
I used Z CAM K1 Pro Cinematic VR180 Camera.
Superior image quality, Stereoscopic 3D!
Follow me on social media. If you have recreated any of my food, you can share some pictures #ochikeron. I am always happy to see them.
♥FOLLOW ME HERE♥
♥My COOKBOOK available on Amazon Kindle♥
NO MORE hard copies... those who got one are lucky!
♥More Written Recipes are on my BLOG♥
♥My Recipe Posts in Japanese♥
♥and of course PLEASE SUBSCRIBE♥
- Related videos