The Secret To Making Incredible Food In 5 Minutes Ev...Brothers Green Eats
- Video description
- 3 months ago
- 3,919 views
- 387 likes
- 38 comments
And be sure to head on over and listen to J. Fla's "Havana" cover here: http://bit.ly/JFlaHavana
The Incredible Edible Ten Breakdown
I'm gonna be honest, I rarely cook specific "dishes," I find it to be a bit of a waste of ingredients, and it often gets boring. I'd much rather spend that same amount of time prepping a few simple ingredients so that I can have almost endless variation. Ever since I figured this out, it has been a total game changer in the kitchen.
Keep in mind that you can use these categories for nearly any cuisine, I am sharing a few things that I like to get in each category, but you can keep it as simple or complex as you want.
1. Fresh: Lettuce, Cucumber, Carrots, Broccoli
2. Protein: Chicken, Tofu, Eggs, Beans
3. Spice: Chili, Hot Sauce, Sriracha, Cayenne
4. Main Batch: Curry, Chili, Soup
5. Crispy/Crunchy: Peanuts, Fried Shallots, Other Nuts
6. Starch: Rice, Rice Noodles, Other Noodles, Potatoes
7. Umami: Garlic Soy, Umami Powder, Roasted Cherry Tomatoes, Thai Dressing
8. Herb: Cilantro, Scallions, Mint
9. Citrus: Lime
10. Pickled: Pickled Daikon and Carrots, Chili Vinegar
There is a bonus 11th that I realized should be included depending on the cuisine, that is sweet. In my case I had sweet in some of the other elements, like the umami dressing, so I didn't include it as its own category, but ideally, you'd want sweet if you like it in your savory foods.
All other music courtesy of Blue Wednesday
- Related videos