Top 25 Things to See and Do in Seoul - South Korea T...Davidsbeenhere
- Video description
- 9 months ago
- 5,278 views
- 395 likes
- 42 comments
? WATCH: DIVERSE KOREAN STREET FOOD IN MYEONGDONG - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5IucQ3thRuk
? BLOG: TOP 25 THINGS TO SEE AND DO IN SEOUL: https://davidsbeenhere.com/2019/09/24/top-25-things-to-see-and-do-in-seoul-south-korea/
DISCLAIMER: Brands mentioned are based on my own personal taste.
Back in May of 2019, I spent several days exploring the city of Seoul, South Korea. These are the top 25 things to see, do, and eat in Seoul, South Korea!
1. KOREAN BARBECUE – Fatty, high-quality grilled meats with fresh incredients and sweet, spicy, and savory flavors. Try samgyeopsal and galbi!
2. KOREAN COOKING CLASS – Take a Korean cooking class to learn to make your favorite local dishes, like sundubu jjigae and haemulpajeon. If I can do it, so can you!
3. NATIONAL MUSEUM OF KOREA – The flagship museum for showcasing Korean history and art.
4. KOREAN FRIED CHICKEN & BEER – Some of the tastiest and highest-quality fried chicken in the world!
5. THE WAR MEMORIAL OF KOREA – A sobering museum that commemorates the lives lost during the Korean War between 1950 and 1954.
6. JOGYESA TEMPLE – A beautiful Buddhist temple in the Insa-Dong neighborhood that was built in 1395 during the Joseon Dynasty.
7. KOREAN CONVENIENCE STORE – An important element of Korean culture, and a place where you can buy fresh, tasty, and healthy foods like triangle gimbap and yachae juk.
8. CHEONGWADAE SARANGCHAE – A museum that teaches its visitors about South Korea’s recent past with exhibits about the nation’s presidents, tourist destinations, and more.
9. TONGIN MARKET – A covered market that offers a wide variety of delicious Korean street foods like kimchijeon and tteok-bokki.
10. RENT A HANBOK – Renting a traditional, 17th-century outfit called a hanbok will gain you free entry into Gyeongbokgung Palace and make for a more immersive experience.
11. GYEONGBOKGUNG PALACE – A massive palatial complex that was built in 1395 and served as the home of the Joseon kings.
12. KOREAN STEWS & PORRIDGES – Near Gyeongbokgung Palace is a shop that sells delicious manduguk (Korean dumpling stew) and saeujuk (shrimp & rice porridge)
13. CHANGDEOKGUNG PALACE – A Joseon-era palace that contains a secret garden and a stunning hall for royal ceremonies.
14. NAMDAEMUN MARKET – A traditional market with 10,000 stalls and dates back to 1414. Check out the wooden masks and the kimchi mandu!
15. CHEONGGYECHEON STREAM – A peaceful and lush oasis in the middle of Seoul that consists of a stream and two pedestrian boardwalks.
16. GIMBAP CHEONGUK – A Korean restaurant chain that offers delicious fare including kimchi mandu and donkkaseu.
17. NAMSAN SEOUL TOWER & NAMSAN CABLE CAR – One of Seoul’s most prominent landmarks, which has an observation deck at its top.
18. HONGDAE – A youth-oriented neighborhood that is full of K-Pop culture and is home to clothing stores, street food stalls, and bars.
19. LOTTE WORLD TOWER – The 5th-tallest building in the world, which is home to a food court and the highest glass-bottomed observation deck on Earth.
20. GANGNAM AREA MONUMENT – A monument that honors the song “Gangnam Style” by Korean rapper PSY.
21. MYEONGDONG– A touristy area of soul where you can try delicious street foods including egg buns, Myeongdong tteokgalbi, and dakkkochigui.
22. KOREAN CRAFT BEER – Seoul is full of incredible craft beer, including at spots like Michin Dak and Craft Hans.
23. BUKCHON HANOK VILLAGE – A 14th-century Korean village in Seoul where you can try traditional food and view stunning architecture.
24. KTX BULLET TRAIN – A high-speed bullet train that travels between Seoul and Busan at speeds up to 190 mph.
25. AIRPORT EXPRESS TRAIN – The fastest and most efficient way to travel between Incheon International Airport and Seoul Station.
Where have you been?
Subscribe Here! http://bit.ly/DavidsbeenhereSub
Top videos! http://bit.ly/DavidsbeenhereTopVideos
+ INSTAGRAM ► https://instagram.com/davidsbeenhere
+ FACEBOOK ► https://www.facebook.com/davidsbeenhere
+ TWITTER ► https://twitter.com/davidsbeenhere
+ MY BLOG! ► http://davidsbeenhere.com/
+BUSINESS EMAIL ► email@example.com
#OurHeartsareAlwaysOpen #ReliveYourKoreaTrip #TravelatHome #VisitKorea_LA
My name is David Hoffmann. For the last 12 years, I have been traveling around the world in search of unique culture, food, and history! Since starting David’s Been Here in 2008, I have traveled to over 1,100 destinations in 77 countries, which I welcome you to check out on my YouTube channel, travel blog, and social media sites.
I focus a great deal on food and historical sites, as you probably have seen! I love to experience the different flavors that each destination has to offer, from casual street food to gourmet restaurant dining. I’m also passionate about learning about the local history and culture.
P.S. Thank you for watching my videos and subscribing!
- Related videos