Vegetarian Broccoli Cheese Soup | Show Me The Curry ...ShowMeTheCurry.com
- Video description
- 3 years ago
- 4,841 views
- 224 likes
- 20 comments
Ingredients: Makes 8, 1 cup servings
Broccoli - 1 lb
Celery - 2 stalks, chopped finely
Onion - 1 small (4 oz), chopped finely
Garlic - 4 cloves, minced
Butter - 2 Tbsp
Olive Oil - 1 Tbsp
Bay Leaf - 1
Italian Seasoning - 2 tsp
Red Chili Flakes - 1/2 tsp or to taste
Salt - 2 tsp or to taste
Cream Cheese - 4 oz, softened
Cheddar Cheese - 1 cup (4 oz)
Heavy Cream - 1/2 cup
Water - 5 cups
1. Remove florets from broccoli stalks, roughly chop and keep aside.
2. Chop broccoli stalks finely.
3. In a large pot on medium heat, add Butter, Olive Oil, minced Garlic and Bay Leaf. Allow the Garlic to sizzle.
4. Add Celery, Onions and Broccoli Stalks. Season with a little salt and cook until veggies look translucent.
5. Add Italian Seasoning, Red Chili Flakes, Water and additional Salt. Cover and cook.
6. Allow mixture to come to a boil, then cook for an additional 5 minutes.
7. Add roughly chopped Broccoli Florets and cook for 5 minutes uncovered.
8. Remove Bay Leaf and discard. Remove a few Broccoli Florets and keep aside.
9. Blend soup mixture until smooth (be very careful of hot liquid while blending or alternately allow it to cool before proceeding).
10. Pour blended mixture back into pot and heat again.
11. Once hot, take a small amount of hot liquid and mix with softened cream cheese until fully combined. Add Cream Cheese back into the pot.
12. Add Cheddar Cheese and allow it to melt fully.
13. Add Heavy Cream and mix.
14. Chop reserved Broccoli Florets and add them back into the hot soup for texture.
15. Garnish with shredded cheese and serve.
For more Indian/Fusion recipes, check out the ShowMeTheCurry website at http://www.showmethecurry.com
- Related videos